Saturday, August 16, 2014

"Semi-Retirement Sucked After My Last Exit, So I'm Back in a New Startup"


"Semi-Retirement Sucked After My Last Exit, So I'm Back in a New Startup"

Don’t let them fool you, semi-retirement isn’t all that it's cracked up to be. I was never fully able to relax knowing that I’d eventually have to either find a J-O-B or get cracking on another business startup sooner rather than later to ensure that I’d maintain an uninterrupted stream of income. My options within the private investigation profession are really very limited these days due to a non-compete clause in the agreement outlining the sale of my former education websites and online magazine for private investigators. My private investigation agency in Pensacola, FL is still running very well but out of necessity, and my day to day absence at the agency while on sabbatical, I find myself transitioning out of the investigations professions. You know what they say,

“In business you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.”

So, after a few false starts and a missed opportunity I’ve finally settled on a new direction. I am building a vertical market around video content because it is clear to me (and every other marketing professional out there) that video has become, and will remain, the absolute best way to promote a business online and by most accounts over 80% of the traffic flowing through the Internet will be video in just a couple of years. The problem for most businesses and content publishers is that there is a huge skills gap when it comes to the process of creating video content. To a lesser degree, there is also a disconnect when it comes to the effective distribution and marketing of that video once it has been created. My mission is to create a website in which people and businesses who need video content and other video related services can find talented entrepreneurial filmmakers, video editors, CGI effects artists and marketing professionals at price points from the micro job to full scale commercial video production.

The subject is a completely different tack for me, but the process is not.

So here is what is going on...

http://lscottharrell.com/back-startup-mode-time-new-direction/

#vtrep   #startup

No comments: